Monday, February 20, 2012

Cooking up a storm

I have found a whole new food world. I've started following a bunch of vegetarian and paleo bloggers. PaleOMG has some GREAT recipes for treats and No Meat Athlete reminds me that I can get enough nutrients with out animal protein.

I am cooking a lot more. Cooking is starting to become part of my routine. And, I like it. Besides feeling great, I can justify putting all those great items on our registry!

I've got some red beans cooking right now with onion, garlic, and yummy spices. Man, I eat a lot of beans. Last week it was black beans. My favorite part is the toppings!


Oh, and I don't know why I didn't think of adding almonds to to the baked peaches. Yummmmmmmm!


In CrossFit related news-Lori and I did our first CrossFit total today. I love working out with Lori. We are both realizing that we are strong, strong, strong! My totals for today were:

Back squat - 175
Shoulder press- 75
Dead lift - 155 (I've got to work on my form)

I'm feeling great and loving every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment